Travista values and respects the privacy of its customers. Travista is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third partiesMerchant will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
Travista takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies.
However, Travista cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
Travista is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us or what you choose to share with us.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
● mailing or street address.
● date of birth.
● email address.
● phone number
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
● interact with us over the phone.
● interact with us in person.
● interact with us online.
● participate in surveys or questionnaires.
● attend a Travista event.
● subscribe to our mailing list.
● apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor, or volunteer.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including
the following purposes:
● provide you with information or services that you request from us.
● deliver to you a more personalized experience and service offering.
● improve the quality of the services we offer.
● internal administrative purposes.
● marketing and research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
● our third-party service providers (for example, Airlines and Hotel Chains);
● our professional services advisors.
Transfer of personal information overseas
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure
that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
● you have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party;
● we reasonably believe that:
○ the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially like the APPs; and
○ the law or binding scheme can be enforced.
How do we protect your personal information?
Travista will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
● having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records.
● taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide
services to you.
● having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, firewalls).
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example, record-keeping obligations.
Travista will endeavor to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
Links to third party sites
Travista website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third-party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third-party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party provider or website.
Third-party providers/websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.